This article takes you through a step by step guide on how to use iTunes to create and burn an audio CD. It is specifically aimed at the BA1 B1002 Choreography module.
Using iTunes to make a CD
For the BA1 Choreography task using music from the library, we would recommend using iTunes to copy a track to a blank CD as it is installed on all the library’s PCs.
Follow these steps to rip a track and then burn it to a blank CD.
- Open iTunes.
- You may be asked whether or not you would like to share your library information with Apple. Click No Thanks.
- Insert your chosen CD into the CD drive.
- You may be asked whether you would like to import your CD into your iTunes library. Click No.
- Click Import CD in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- In the Import Settings window change the Import Using drop down box from AAC Encoder to AIFF Encoder. Click OK.
- Your CD will now be imported.
- Once your CD is imported you will be taken to the Library screen.
- In the left-hand menu, change from Albums view to Songs view.
- Right click your chosen track and select Add to Playlist -> New Playlist.
- iTunes will then take you to the Playlists screen with your new playlist already open.
- In the left hand menu, right click the new playlist (normally named after the CD you imported) and select Burn Playlist to Disc.
- Insert a blank CD into the CD drive.
- In the Burn Settings window, ensure that Audio CD is selected as the Disc Format. Click OK.
- Your track will now be burned to the disc.
- When finished eject the disc.