Given the situation regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19), some changes to AV Support have had to be implemented. We’ll aim to update this information daily, but the main Trinity Laban guidance page should be considered the official Trinity Laban starting point, with this information being supplemental and specific to Audio Visual matters only.
We are aware of some issues with Sibelius licences, and are investigating – we will update as soon as we can.
Teams now supports up to 9 viewer display at a time!
We’ve also outlined some simple steps for people who are struggling to upload to eStream.
Please see the new F.A.Q article, where we will regularly post quick answers to regularly asked questions.
Other recent updates:
- made the recently held webinar pages clearer.
- Updated the Using Powerpoint in online teaching and learning article to include new recommendations for recording via Loom, and how to make powerpoint a smaller file size.
- A number of new online webinars have been announced.
- Getting Remote access to Sibelius.
- Updated: Advice on preparing videos for eStream, using Handbrake.
- Staff and students can temporarily install Adobe applications on their own devices – updated – valid until 6th July only.
- Advice on embedding content into Moodle.
- We’ve tried to make the support pages easier to follow, and have split the Teaching Remotely page into sections where specific advice on each recommended platform can be found.
- Information about the ClickMeeting webinar platform is now available too.
- We’ve added a new live chat option – you can select this on all pages of the knowledgebase using the widget in the bottom right of the page, or the direct live chat option.
- Zoom have removed the 40 minute meeting restriction for teaching staff. See more details about using Zoom.
Faculty of Dance
The Faculty of Dance eQuip online booking system will no longer be accepting bookings for equipment.
The library is not opening today, however, library staff are offering online responses to requests for resources, or online tutorials (see the library’s Moodle pages for more details).
AV Support staff are currently working off-site, however, can be contacted by email (email@example.com), phone (0208 305 9308), live chat, or scheduled online web chat/video call (please email to arrange).
The Audio Visual edit suite has been closed, but we can now offer access for staff and students to temporarily install Adobe applications on their own devices.
Faculty of Music
The Music Tech team will no longer be taking any equipment bookings and staff are now working off-site. We do not have any more laptops to lend.
The Keyboard Lab has also been closed until further notice.
Sibelius Access: we are currently working on obtaining access codes for remote Sibelius working. If you need to use the software more urgently, you can download a 30 day free trial here: https://my.avid.com/get/sibelius-ultimate-trial
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 02083054471
eStream and other online resources
We have a vide variety of guides on how to use eStream on this knowledgebase. eStream enquires can be sent to email@example.com.
New guides have been created for the following areas:
- Using the eStream Web Recorder
- Preparing content for eStream
- Uploading content to eStream *currently focuses on Teaching staff only, but will be expanded.
Additionally for teaching staff: a wide variety of guidance for online teaching has been compiled on Moodle.